Console Review  

Go Back   Console Review > Software > GBA

GBA Nintendo Game Boy Advance.

Old 2007-12-06   #1
modrobert
Super Moderator

modrobert is on a distinguished road
Star Pinball Challenge Deluxe Review

Pinball Challenge Deluxe for Game Boy Advance by Binary9 Studios (Ubisoft) is a port of the classic Amiga games Pinball Dreams and Pinball Fantasies by Digital Illusions, all packed in a slick 32mbit cart including eight different pinball tables as shown in the album below.

http://www.consolereview.net/album.php?albumid=4

I'm a big fan of the Amiga version of Pinball Dreams / Fantasies, played those a lot, and when comparing with other console ports this is by far the best one in my opinion. Each pinball table has its own highscore list with three entries which are saved (in SRAM) after entering your initials. The developer managed to nail the controls and ball routines right in this port making it feel like the original games. The graphics should be limited considering the GBA resolution (240x160 pixels) but since the game scrolls nicely and the lack of multi-ball feature (like the original) this is not a problem, infact you hardly notice the difference after playing a while.

I give Pinball Challenge Deluxe five shining GBM's out of five!

Last edited by modrobert; 2008-05-01 at 08:11. Reason: Added the pics to local album.
modrobert is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
amiga, classic, gba, pinball